Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How much money would I need to live in Spain for 1 year without a job

How much money would I need to live in Spain for 1 year without a job?
I am an American student and will be there for one year in graduate school, how much money will need to live on in Barcelona without getting a job (I will be going to school full time) Room and board is not included in tuition, so I will need to figure in that expense as well. Thanks
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you should really talk to your advisor about that, they should know. i lived in sweden for a half a year, and i spent almost a thousand usd a month, including food, room & board, & other etc things. but again, talk to the person in charge of the spain program. there should be one profesor in charge of that one university that your school is cooresponding to. the consulate general or whoever deals with the visas usually wants proof that you have enough money in your bank account (through a copy of your statement), after showing i had about 6000$, i was able to get my visa. good luck! & have fun in barcelona! i havent been in a while, & i really miss the beaches & the shopping there. :D
2 :
I came back last summer after living in Spain for a year. I worked and my paycheck was approximately 800 euros per month. Half of it went to rent (shared flat with two other people), private health insurance was included for me. The rest of the money went for public transportation and food. After buying my metro/bus pass and groceries, most months I had nothing left. The exchange rate of the dollar to the euro is weak now, so I would say budgeting USD $1,200 per month would be reasonable. Multiply that by how many months you will be there. Then you could factor in things like the cost of books, monthly Internet access if you need it, travel expenses, etc. Good luck.






Read more discussions :

Search News