Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Im looking to live in Spain for a while. Would be easy enough to just fly over there and find a labouring job

Im looking to live in Spain for a while. Would be easy enough to just fly over there and find a labouring job?
I really wanna travel Europe for a while and would love to live in Spain and learn the language. I'd like to work outside as recently ive been working in a office. So i was wondering if it would be easy enough for me to just pack my things, fly over and find a labouring job or something similar? thanks
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First I would find out whether I need a visa. Then I would find out whether the visa allows me to work in Spain. Find out the cost of living and accommodation. If your financial situation is okay for a few weeks, you could travel to Spain as a tourist and apply for jobs. If you get an offer, your employer can arrange a visa, if you need one. You also can start looking and applying via websites, until you arrive.
2 :
I suppose you could try, but it'd take far more guts than what I've got!! The only way I would even consider it is if I knew at least some Spanish, and I already had a job lined up before going over. The second part would be most easily achieved if you knew someone over there. If you don't have any connections, you could maybe try to contact some people through couchsurfers.org--it's meant to find people that will let you stay with them for free (good to know), but I think it would also be a good way to just find locals to talk to about where you should go, how you might go about getting a job, etc.
3 :
To-day Spain has one of the "effective" most un-employment rates of the world! Over 25% Very difficult to get a "job" Try: http://www.helpx.net/hostlist.asp?host_region=332&network=3
4 :
Other than mode of transport, this question has nothing to do with 'Air Travel'. The current overall unemployment rate in Spain in 20.3% - the worst in Europe and the developed world - however, the rate more than doubles to 45% when looking at the 16 - 15 year old age group. This group, whilst light on experience, also has the highest level of skills, qualifications and foreign languages spoke. Over recent months many young Spaniards have been flocking to Germany to find work - of all types. If these guys can't find work, what chance do you think you have ?



Read more discussions:

Search News