Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is there an American living in Spain or who has lived in Spain that can reccomend cities to live in

Is there an American living in Spain or who has lived in Spain that can reccomend cities to live in?
I'm considering moving abroad. Spain and Greece are my first choices with London, England in 3rd because it's so expensive and the weather is so dreary. I'd love some feedback from anyone who has lived abroad in these countries. Which country is easier if you don't speak the language, Greece or Spain? Which is more friendly and inviting?
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I can speak a little bit for Spain. Haven't lived there but I vacationed for several weeks in a lot of the cities. My top choices in Spain would be Madrid and Barcelona. These cities both have an amazing energy about them and would be very exciting to live in. I don't think you would ever get bored with living there. Both have decent mass transport systems so you wouldn't need to buy a car to get around. Next I'd say Valencia. It's a beautiful little city that has a good balance between old and new. It's on the Mediterranean coast, weather is very nice year round. At almost a tie I would suggest Sevilla. Again, like Valencia, a good mix of old and new. Very charming and pleasant. Lots of history in that little city. Unfortunately, I can't really comment on Greece. Athens would be the easiest choice. Or you could probably try settling on one of the many gorgeous islands they have. On a language level, Spanish has many similarities to English that make it a little easier for Anglophones, but it has it's own nuances. Especially the Castillian dialect spoken in Spain. For Greece, you would have to first learn the Greek alphabet!







Read more discussions :

Search News