Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hi why I would I be deported back to US? I'm a Spaniard-American & I can't live in Spain

Hi why I would I be deported back to US? I'm a Spaniard-American & I can't live in Spain?
Hi I'm from California & I'm a Spaniard. I wanted to live in Spain with my uncle just for 10 months because I wanted to get away & clear my mind but I can't because I could only stay in Spain for only 6 months? I'm 100% full blooded Spanish & I can't even live there? What can I do??? Thanks & no my uncle he doesn't know what to do either!
Immigration - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Its your citizenship that matters to governments, not your family's nationality. It doesn't matter if you are 100% full blooded Spanish if you are not a citizen there. Legally, you're treated like any other American. Can you get a longer term visa? You usually can stay longer with a visa than just with a passport.
2 :
Nothing you can do ... but follow the rules ..come home for 6 months and then return ...overstay and you will get banned
3 :
Ask your Spanish Consulate if there's such a thing as "right of return". Some countries have such a thing that includes one or two generations down from the original immigrant person. Use your online search tools.
4 :
If you are not a Spanish citizen then you can't stay in the country, it's as simple as that. It doesn't matter where you're family originated from , if you are not a citizen, that's it. Check your passport ! If one or both of your parents are Spanish citizens, then you can apply for Spanish citizenship, as children of Spanish citizens are also Spanish citizens .but you will have to renounce US citizenship. Las personas cuyo padre o madre hubiera sido originariamente español y nacido en España podrán optar a la nacionalidad española, sin límite de edad ni de tiempo. Sin embargo, deberán renunciar a su nacionalidad anterior, salvo que tengan una nacionalidad de un país iberoamericano, Andorra, Filipinas, Guinea Ecuatorial o Portugal (art. 24.1 C.c.). http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/Washington/es/MenuPpal/Serviciosconsulares/Nacionalidad/Paginas/posting_TSW.aspx
5 :
US citizens can only stay in Spain for a maximum of 3 months and 6 months if holding a Schengen long stay visit visa..If your Father or mother was born in Spain you may apply for Spain's citizenship by descent.However,You WILL have to give up your US citizenship in order to do so.



Read more discussions:

Search News