Friday, September 21, 2012

I am a USA citizen, married for 6 years to a UK citizen. We live in Spain. How can I become a UK citizen

I am a USA citizen, married for 6 years to a UK citizen. We live in Spain. How can I become a UK citizen?

Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try living in the UK ...
2 :
First I suggest you get an EEA residence card from the Spanish Authorities or go on the UK Border Agency web site and apply for one. Then when you have proved your long standing relationship you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK . from there you can be naturalised a Brit Cit but you may have to give up you USA citizenship. I'm not sure so check with your embassy. A word of warning , we don't accept anyone with serious criminal convictions



Read more discussions:

Search News