Wednesday, December 1, 2010

trying to help my husband become an american citizen, and in the meantime live in spain

trying to help my husband become an american citizen, and in the meantime live in spain?
My husband got a job offer in spain, however he lives in Argentina, and Im an american citizen who wants to petition for my husband to be legal here in the united states, in the meantime we want to live in Spain for the remainder of the time he has to wait to come into the united states, Can I pettion him from spain in order to finally move together to the united states?Or do I have to stay in the united states in order to petition him? Please help, thanks
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Don't ask us - ask ICE, or a lawyer. Every naturalisation case is different (including mine - I became a citizen on 02/13/04).
2 :
I'd advse that you visit the US Embassy in Spain. That's where you would have to apply for him, and they'll have more information for you. Good Luck!
3 :
Hi. No, unfortunately you have to be here in the US to sponsor him, and he will have to be in the country in which he is a citizen (Argentina?) I highly suggest getting an immigration attorney to help you with the process. It's an extra expense, yes, but it's worth it.



Read more discussions:

Search News