Monday, September 8, 2014

SPAIN 2014: Lithuania edge Tall Blacks; Preldzic saves Turkey


SPAIN 2014: Lithuania edge Tall Blacks; Preldzic saves Turkey


BARCELONA/MADRID (FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Another day, another two dramatic finishes at the FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain. While Serbia and Brazil were convincing winners in Madrid over Greece and Argentina, respectively, Lithuania had to pull ...


Nicolas Batum, France get second chance to defeat Spain


For the second time in one week, France and Spain will meet in the FIBA World Cup. The first time around, Spain left little doubt who was the best team in the tournament so far with a decisive 88-64 victory over Les Bleus and Trail Blazers’ wing Nicolas ...


Manchester United Star David De Gea Shocked To Be Picked Ahead Of Iker Casillas For Spain Euro 2016 Clash


Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has admitted that he was surprised to learn he would start ahead of Iker Casillas in the Spain team for the start of his country’s Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. Real Madrid stopper Casillas has been a ...


EUROPEAN "ROOM WITH A WORLD VIEW"


I was in Europe, I survived. Brussels was on its bureaucratic best. The new Commission looks dead before formation. Its president, Jean-Claude Juncker, is to the EU what the 4th Republic was to France. Not that he is not up to the obscure task, he is just irrelevant. The appointment of Frederica Mog ...


RURAL HISTORY 2015 CONFERENCE 7-10 September 2015, Girona, Spain


CALL FOR PANELS Dear Colleagues, Rural History 2015 is the second conference held under the auspices of the European Rural History Organisation (EURHO). It is organised by the Spanish Agricultural History Society (SEHA) and the Rural History Research Centre of the University of Girona (CRHR) and it ...


I'm in the mood!


Friends of mine have recently tripped out to Europe and it's been kind of nice to hear about their adventure. It didn't start off great as their luggage was lost by the airline and remained lost for the first couple of days **insert finger waggy carry-on only lecture here**. Miraculously the airline ...


Bed for Skotland


Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power, nothing. Bruce the Elder: Nothing? Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and their children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk, they fought for William Walla ...


British Pound Collapses To 10-Month Lows


We warned here that the "Yes" vote for Scottish Independence was a "high risk" event, and as we noted earlier, with polls indicating its a high probability and 'English' leadership in full panic mode, it is perhaps not surprising that the British Pound opened down 160pips at 10-month lows (a 500 pip ...


Football: Germany see off spirited Scotland


Football: Germany see off spirited Scotland DORTMUND, Germany: World champions Germany got their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign off to a shaky start with a nervy 2-1 win over Scotland in Dortmund on Sunday (Sep 7). Germany lost 4-2 against Argentina in a friendly on Wednesday but a goal in each half ...


{Just One Thing} Week Thirty Six


Two Hundred and Fifty Six - 02.09.14 {Big} When Nanny and Poppy went on an overseas adventure, back with them came a collection of gifts from their travels. You, of course, were delighted. Not only with the gifts, but in love with the attention. The very best part of their journey, according to you, ...


Don't read if u don't wanna know!


I'm warning you to continue reading if u don't want to know! I'm going crazy over guys right now! I'm finding someone everywhere! But we start from the top of this year!! When I was in Spain this year I found a really nice guy who I started seing (sleeping with). He was the first guy that I've met t ...


Europe 2015 - The Dream Route


So when I got back from my cruise the other week, I wrote a little bit about the plan to travel Europe next summer, instead of the original plan to simply travel to one or two places in Germany, but now I want to share with you the route that I have planned, which if everything went to plan, would b ...


Traveling changes you.


Here are some pics and thoughts from my recent European travels. I found this quote by Bourdain and it really resonated with me (see below). Though, different than Bourdain's words, I would have to admit that my recent travels in France, Germany, and Spain were quite "pretty." But the important thin ...



Search News