Monday, September 8, 2014

2014 FIBA Quarter-Finals: The Spain-France Border War


2014 FIBA Quarter-Finals: The Spain-France Border War


Team France almost lost this opportunity yesterday. Down 15-7 to Team Croatia after the 1st quarter, Team France turned on the defense to claim a 23-22 halftime lead in their Knockout Round of 16 game. They continued the surge in the 3rd to claim a 46-34 ...


Boy in Spain with brain tumor being readied to fly


MADRID (AP) — A British boy who has a severe brain tumor is being readied to travel from Spain for treatment in the Czech Republic aboard a specially-prepared private jet. Southern Malaga's Children's and Maternity Hospital said late Sunday that its ...


Spain continues to look good, pounds Senegal 89-55 to set up matchup vs. France


Pau Gasol scored 17 points to go with five rebounds and three blocks as Spain spanks surprising Senegal 89-55 on Sept. 6. Spain (6-0) meets France in the quarterfinals of the 2014 FIBA World Cup. Spain involved Gasol early in the game, going to him early ...


Sunday Roundup: Hoelgaard goes #2, Roe wins dramatic Gippsland and more


It is a boring Sunday at work so let's do a nice roundup, shall we? We are taking a tour around the world so please fasten your lap belts, put your chairs in the upright position and put your trays back. Onwards, dear friends. Okolo Jiznich Cech Czech is a language I have been trying to wrap my mind ...


I went to Spain


I haven’t written in forever. When people used to ask me “What’s the most important thing about having a blog” I would always answer “Post as often as you can”. I didn’t take my advice. It’s not that I didn’t want to post or I didn’t have things to write about, I really did. They weren’t always fant ...


The taste of tempranillo... Bodegas Ondarre Reserva 2009


Bodegas Ondarre is one of many wine producers from Rioja and was just until very recently unknown to me. One way or another, Rioja doesn't really attract me, wine-wise. Porque? I haven't got the slightest idea. Or, well, I've had my share of plonk and plonk-plus wines from this area, available in su ...


Comment on From Spain with love (pic´s) by charlypriest


I don´t edit, that has to be a problem.


Bicycling through Burgundy


We're off again, travelling down to Burgundy on the bike bus, which seems to be full of wiry, weather-beaten pensioners, all living out the dream, touring France and Spain on their bikes. Many put us to shame as they're camping as well as carrying their luggage in panniers. How on earth do they fit ...


Comment on From Spain with love (pic´s) by etinkerbell


Exciting,but dangerous ;)


Comment on From Spain with love (pic´s) by charlypriest


Hey, my middle name is dangerous. Plus a bit of adrenaline once in a while I do miss it.


Comment on From Spain with love (pic´s) by charlypriest


Yes it is similar, they let the bulls out, there are barriers in certain sections of the town in others the barriers are just the concrete walls of the town houses with their little alley ways and off you go running. We don´t wear white as is the tradition in pamplona though.


Buongiorno Italy & Lake Garda


Buongiorno, After a quick two night stopover at La Colle-sur-Loup between Grasse & Nice we have now made it into Italy. It’s funny as you sort of get used to signs and sayings when you are in one Country for a while (France) but once we crossed into Italy and began meeting people and needing to unde ...


Comment on From Spain with love (pic´s) by charlypriest


Stay Frosty....I did write a post I think about the true meaning behind it. Got it from a U.S Marine sergeant. Before they got into a contact he would turn around to his guys and tell them "Stay Frosty gents" I heard it once, so sort of stuck with me. The meaning- stay cool, calm, collected, with al ...



Search News