Tuesday, February 7, 2012

wanting to live in spain

wanting to live in spain?
when I am 18, I am planning on moving to Spain permanently. I was thinking of living in Salamanca for a few years because it is Spain's most popular university city, so will have lots of people my own age there. I want to stay there for a few years to settle into living in Spain, make friends and be around people a similar age. However I don't know how I go about finding some where to live. I'd prefer to share a flat/apartment with someone but i don't know how to find one. So can anyone help?
Other - Spain - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Finding a reasonably priced property of any description is quite easy here in Spain at the moment. Having the means to finance it is a totally different thing.
2 :
my friend is there right now she's an au pair... i guess she just searched au pair in google or something found a good site and then that was that... it would be good if you need to learn spanish first, i know that she babysits and cooks in the day and then spanish classes in the night.
3 :
Why do you want to live in Spain? First, where are you from? If you're from the UK, at least you can be legal to work. If you're not from an EU country, then, well, getting a permanent or long-term visa is very difficult. In either case, there are no jobs currently. The country is at 20% unemployment, and for young, inexperienced people, much higher...closer to 40%. Of course, if you are independently wealthy and don't need to work, you're golden! Salamanca is Spain's OLDEST university. That doesn't automatically mean it's the most popular. I'm not sure on that one, but I wouldn't make that assumption. Nor would I assume you could find any sort of work there.
4 :
Its not easy to find job in Spain, but its certainly not impossible. But I think that you would have less problem to find a job on the Costa del Sol than you will have in Salamanca. I suggest that you head for the university in Malaga. Then you can apply for job not only in Malaga but also in Torremolinos, Benalmadena or Fuengirola. All connected with a superb and cheap commuter train. Malaga University is a young and modern university with more than 40,000 students per year including 6,000 foreign students. Best regards from a sunny Spain,




Read more discussions:

Search News