Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How much $ to live in Salamanca Spain for a year

How much $ to live in Salamanca Spain for a year ?
I want to live in Spain for a year with my boyfriend. The point would be to have time away from our jobs to focus on his writing and for me on my designing. Becuase of this we would not be working for the year. How much would it cost to live in Salamanca for a year? A 1 bedroom apartment, food etc? Or if anyone could recommended a cheaper city with a similar feel?
Other - Spain - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know the prices in Salamanca, but here near Pamplona a 4 bedroom house to rent is about 600€ a month. Food... it depends on how much you eat, we spend 200€+ a week on food, but there are 6 of us living in my house, and my family come to dinner twice a week. You'd need to find some websites to tell you rental prices ect. food, you can get some cheaper branded foods for example in Eroski... Salamanca will be about the average price for a city. I'd of said... other than Bilabo, Madrid.. Barça are more expensive... But you wouldn't have to live in the city, would you? You could live outside it
2 :
HIII I am from spain! And I live in madrid wich is expensive, but why going to salamanca? I like it because is full of students and it's know as the student city, but I strongly recomend you going to a place with beaches, in souther spain: CADIZ for example: sevilla is close, the beach is close, souther people are just extremetely nice! the only outcome is the accent they got: andaluz. so if you are not used to it it might take you a few days to catch it. You can also move to anywhere in the south with beaches, or the valencia area. the north is goergeous but rainy... even tough beaches are not cold and the temperatures are nice. I guess that depends on you...I don't know if you like snow or not, if you like beaches or not, if you like cold or not...but salamamca is really cold at winter and really hot at summer, like 40º degrees. I would recomned going to a place close to the beach, plus now people are renting a lot of apartments in the beaches areas. I don't know about prices but in salamenca I guess the cheapest rent you can find is like 300 a month, and that's if you are lucky! BYEE! GOOD LUCK






Read more discussions :

Search News